Khamis, 20 November 2008

failing love...

I thought I loved him,
but he had to break my heart for me
to know what true love really is.

A failing love is like desperately
hanging on to something precious;
not wanting to give up,
but your hands feel the pain.
And, when you finally let go,
you're free from any pain,
but your hands are empty.

What do you live for when all
you were living for is gone?

We cannot beg someone to stay
if they want to leave
We have to admit that love
doesn't give us the license to own a person.
This is what love means...sacrifice.

Deep in my heart, I'm suffering,
knowing that I've lost you.
On the outside, I'm living,
pretending that I've forgotten you

I just want one day to go by
where I'm not pretending I'm happy!

Once upon a time I was falling in love,
but now I’m only falling apart.

I could fill a thousand pages
telling you how I felt
and still you would not understand.
So now I leave without a sound,
except that of my heart shattering
as it hits the ground.

I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh,
but I never knew looking back on the laughs would make me cry.

Tiada ulasan: